Are you experiencing orange spots on your toenails? Do you have orange toenails? Where did it come from? Is it something i should be worrying about? All these questions may be going through your mind.
Why are my toenails orange? Do not worry! This guide will tell you everything you need to know orange toenails, other forms of nail discoloration and how to get rid of them once and for all.
Why Are My Toenails Orange?
One of the main reason for orange toenails is nail fungus. Nail fungus also referred to onychomycosis is a common fungal infection that affects over 35 million people worldwide. It occurs because of coming into contact with an infected person or otherwise coming into contact with the fungus itself and if left untreated, nail fungus can spread throughout your body relatively quickly.
The good news is that if you have contracted toenail fungus, there are a variety of treatment on the market that you can utilize today to get rid of the fungal infection for good. In this guide, we list the best toenail fungus treatment for curing orange toenails.
Best Treatment For Curing Orange Toenails
There is a variety of treatment online you can utilize today for treating your orange toenails in the comfort of your home. The list below consist of some of the most effective treatment on the market for getting rid of your orange toenails once and for all.
Purely Northwest Toenail Fungus System – Best Treatment For Orange Toenails
Purely Northwest Toenail Fungus System is one of the best treatment on the market for getting rid of orange toenails. Its an effective 3 in 1 foot and nail system that harnesses the power of Tea Tree Oil, Oregano Oil, Camphor Oil and various other types of essential oil. The ingredients are 100% natural so you won’t have to worry about any side effects. The system is incredible because it comes in three different parts – the tea tree oil foot soak, ReNew topical treatment and the antifungal body wash.
We highly recommend utilizing this powerful treatment for curing your fungal infection. Purely Northwest Toenail Fungus System is our top-rated treatment.
EmuaidMax – Runner-Up
EmuaidMax is another incredible antifungal and antibacterial treatment for treating orange toenails. It is one of the best selling treatment in the world today and treats over 75 types of severe skin condition such as toenail fungus, athlete’s foot, acne, hemorrhoids and more. Emuaid is also made from high-quality ingredients such as Tea Tree Oil, Castor Oil, Vitamin E, etc. These ingredients are very effective in fighting against your orange toenails helping you to live a fungus-free life.
We think EmuaidMax would make a great treatment option for treating your fungal infection today.
Funginix – Very Affordable
Funginix antifungal treatment is another top rated product on the market for treating toenail fungus. It is also one of the best selling treatment in the world and is able to cure your orange toenails within a matter of days. Funginix utilizes some of the most powerful ingredients including tea tree oil, undecylenic acid, camphor, lavender oil, etc. This is one of our top-rated toenail fungus treatment, it will help you get rid of your orange toenail for good and prevent it from reoccurring again.
We highly recommend using Funginix before your nail fungus becomes worse. The sooner you get your hands on this affordable treatment the better your life will be.
How to Treat Orange Toenails Fungus
- If you have already chosen your topical solution for treating your orange toenails, the first thing you need to do before applying treatment is to take a shower and clean the affected area thoroughly. By doing this you will maximize the effectiveness of the treatment. Once you are finished showering make sure to dry the affected area completely.
- Now that you have prepared the affected nails, its time to apply the treatment. Direction may differ depends on the topical solution you have chosen to treat the infection. But generally, we recommend applying treatment to the infected toenail and surrounding skin twice daily, once in the morning and once at night and let it stay on for at least thirty minutes.
- You should start seeing results within a matter of days. Keep applying the treatment to the fungal infection even after the infection as cleared up to prevent reinfection in the future.
Home Remedies For Orange Toenails
There are a variety of home remedies you can utilize to treat your orange toenails in the comfort of your home. Though they often can take a long time before seeing results. Vicks VapoRub, Tea Tree Oil, Listerine, Apple Cider Vinegar are often used as a home-based treatment for curing toenail fungus. However, we recommend utilizing over the counter treatment for faster results and to prevent reinfection from occurring.
How Did i Get Toenail Fungus?
Contracting toenail fungus is quite easy. The statistic has shown that there are over 35 million people worldwide suffering from fungal infection and the risk of getting it increases with age. About 50% of people over the age of 70 get the fungal infection. All it takes to contract the infection is by coming into contact with someone who is infected or an infected animal.
Athletes or people who spend most of their time in hot or moist conditions are also more prone to getting a foot infection. We’ve heard a lot of complaints from people saying that they have contracted the infection from public swimming pools, locker rooms, gyms and more. Also whenever you’re at your favorite nail salon make sure the tools are properly sanitized before using them on your feet.
Can Toenail Fungus Spread?
If your toenail fungus is left untreated for a long period of time, the infection will eventually spread throughout your body over time. Common places for nail fungus to spread include fingernail, head, skin and even the groin area. This is why we strongly recommend treating your toenail fungus as soon as you notice the first sign of the infection.
Can My Toenails Turn Any Other Color?
How to Prevent Toenail Fungus From Happening?
It’s always best to do whatever you can to prevent yourself from contracting toenail fungus. These tips will lower the risk of contracting toenail fungus:
- Always wear proper fitting shoes with enough space that doesn’t put pressure on your toes
- Avoid wearing shoes that are not clean
- Practice to wash your toenails regularly, make sure your toenails are completely dry
- When cutting your toenails make sure to cut it straight across with clean sanitize nail clippers
- Avoid sharing your nail clippers, towels and slippers with other people
- Do not walk barefoot around swimming pools, locker rooms. gyms and other public areas
- Practice to wear clean socks throughout the day, air out the ones you do wear
- Before doing a pedicure at any nail salon make sure the tools are properly sanitized before using them.
Orange toenails are usually caused by toenail fungus and if not treated in time the infection will eventually start to spread throughout the body. After reading this guide we hope you decide to take action and start treating your fungal infection today. Additionally, there is a more serious reason for orange toenails, even though they tend to be rare.
We outline everything you need to know about getting rid of orange toenails in this article. I hope you enjoy the information and we wish you the best of luck in your toenail fighting journey.
If you have any question you can leave a comment down below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.