If your toenails are hard and thick it can be really difficult to cut. Toenails become thick for several reasons including onychocryptosis, or what we commonly known as an ingrown toenail.
As we age, you may realize that your nails may become thicker which make them very difficult to clip. There are also several health conditions that can cause ingrown problems.
Thicken toenails may look quite embarrassing. However, when you avoid treating an ingrown toenail, it becomes painful. The degree of pain depends on the stage of the infection.
In some cases, a toenail fungus may be the cause of the infection. Whatever the cause of the infection may be i highly recommend that you get it treated as soon as possible before it gets any worse.
How to Soften Toenails Fast?
There are many ways in which you can soften your toenails and make them look better. But first, you need to know what caused your toenail to be infected in the first place.
A thickened toenail can be a result of ageing, bacterial infection, improper grooming of the feet, but an injury to the toenail and toenail fungus can also be the cause of thick toenails. Once you know what causes the toenail to get thickened, now its time to find out what you can do to soften your toenails making them look attractive again.
You can start treating your toenail with an easy to apply Miracle Toenail Softening Cream. This is one of the most popular softening cream on the market today. It creates a temporary softness that allows you to easily cut off your toenails without cutting the skin which can lead to infection. With a decent rating score on Amazon, you can tell that many people have had positive results using this treatment.
Are There Any Side Effects?
When using creams like these side effects are relatively low. But people with sensitive skin may experience an allergic reaction to the ingredients. The most common symptoms you may experience are:
- Mild itching
If you experience any serious allergic reaction after using treatment, i strongly recommend that you contact your doctor immediately.
How to Soften Toenails at Home?
Many people try to cut their thick toenails and end up causing crumbling. It can even lead to cuts to the skin and even infection.
So its best to soften your toenails before attempting to cut them. Cutting thick toenails is easier to perform with a little softening. you can start by following these steps:
- You can start by soaking your feet in a gallon of warm water in your tub or basin, make sure the water is enough to properly cover your feet. Mix about 2 to 3 tablespoons of salt in it.
- Let your foot soak into the solution for about 20 to 30 minutes. You should let them soak for about 1 hour if your toenails are very thick.
- You can now remove and pat your feet and nails completely dry with a soft towel.
- Now you can apply Miracle Toenail Softening Cream. Then cut your toenails easily.
How to Properly Cut Thick Toenails?
Knowing how to properly soften and cut your toenails are equally important to understand. Here is how to correctly cut thick toenails:
- Using the right toenail clippers. The one we found most effective is the Harperton Nippit Toenail Clipper. The Nippet nail clipper was designed to easily cut thick and ingrown nails, making it the best nail clippers for thick nails. Make sure to start cutting at the corner of your toenails, take small cuts to prevent splintering. An electric nail grinding kit is also a good alternative for nails that have thickened to the point that using a regular clipper is impossible.
- Now you can prepare your toenails, if you have no idea of how to properly soften your toenails, you can follow the instruction listed above. Soak your feet in warm salt water in your tub or basin for about 30 minutes really help make your toenail soft enough for cutting.
- You can start by using a toenail grinder on top of the big toenail. Do this while your toenails are somewhat softened. You should apply normal pressure while grinding, keep grinding until it gets to normal thickness.
- Once you are finished with the top of the big toenail, you should then move to the sides with each toenail. first clipping at the top and then trimming around.
- You should now repeat the process with smaller nails, keep grinding each nail until they return to normal thickness. Be sure to apply gentle pressure to prevent any injury from happening or even worsen the condition.
- After grinding your toenails, you should shorten your nails as much as possible. You should also do your best to clip each toenail straight across because rounded toenails can cause ingrown nails.
Do Soften Creams Work?
Yes, it all depends on how effective the cream is and how thick your toenails are, most softening creams work by hydrating the toenails. They contain ingredients that are able to properly penetrate through tough nails and hydrate the nail itself. Many creams also instruct that you use them before going to bed so that the product is able to soak in overnight, so your nails will soften when you’re awake in the morning.
In this guide, i explained everything you need to know on how to soften toenails fast. Thich toenails can be unsightly and embarrassing. If they are overgrown, they can become very painful. To soften your toenails overnight we highly recommend using Miracle Toenail Softening Cream. An effective cream like Miracle Softener is able to penetrate through tough nails, so you can keep them clean and trimmed.
Knowing how to make the toenails softer for cutting is very important. It can help extremely well in preventing toenail fungus. It can always keep your nails healthy and they will look much attractive in the eyes of others.
Here at Toenailfungusonline.com, we understand that everyone toenails needs are different, and we hope this article has guided you in the right direction without suggestions. Thank you.
You can always leave a question in the comment section below.