A few weeks ago, we heard from an elderly man who is trying is best to stay physically active. He realizes that doing daily activity can help him stay healthy and fit but since lately he as experiences a stumbling block. He wrote us to find out how to get athletes foot out of shoes.
Athletes foot is the skin condition most often associated with sweaty, stinky feet and public showers. However, it doesn’t just affect athletes. This annoying ailment occurs in boys, girls, women and men of all ages.
Athlete’s foot is highly contagious. It can be spread through direct contact with the infection and by skin particles left on floors, shoes and towels. But do not worry! Below we outline exactly how to get athletes foot out of shoes with a variety of powerful treatment and steps to prevent it from spreading and reoccurring in the future.
How to Get Athletes Foot Out of Shoes?
Athletes foot can be cured by taking a trip to the drugstore and grab yourself an over the counter antifungal treatment or you can save time by ordering something like Shoes UV Sanitizers Sterilizer through Amazon. Disinfectant and antifungal powders are two of the most effective treatment on the market that will eliminate the fungus from your shoes. We have reviewed our favorite product below, each product has its pro and con, but we highly recommend that you choose one that best suits your need and start treating your shoes immediately.
How to Kill Fungus in Shoes
There are a number of ways to kill fungus in shoes and get your feet smelling better. These tips can also help it from occurring in the future.
- Air Drying Your Shoes – As a preventative measure, air drying your shoes in the sun daily can be highly effective. It may not seems very effective at first but in reality, the sun will help to fight back against existing spores. This method is even more effective if you’re using an antifungal treatment option before putting out your shoes to dry. Air dry can also be done inside or outside (make sure to bring it back in after). Simply air drying your shoes can be enough to prevent fungi from reoccurring.
- Switch Your Shoes – While this method won’t completely get rid of the existing fungi, it can prevent it from happening. You will have to invest in shoes, as you can switch between three pairs of shoes. This will give you the ability to wear one today, and switch between one of the others the next days. Then the one you put on the previous day should be aired outside and allowed to dry, to eliminate any trapped moisture. You don’t need a huge shoe collection to get this done – three separate pairs will do.
- Spray Shoes With Vinegar – High in acidic contents, is an excellent treatment for eliminating shoe fungus. To use vinegar you can try filling up a spray bottle with white vinegar. You can then spray your shoes when you’re not wearing them. This method is very effective in eliminating fungus in shoes and also improve the unpleasant smell that emanates from worn shoes.
- Wash Your Socks Regularly – You will want to wash your socks regularly. We don’t recommend wearing the same pair of socks twice per day without washing them, especially if you’re on your feet for a long period of time. While socks can prevent your feet from touching the moist in your shoes, it can also trap the moist and spread the fungi. You should keep your socks in a dry place at all times, and practice washing them as soon as possible after wearing them.
Best Treatment For Athletes Foot
Shoes UV Sanitizers Sterilizer is one of the best treatment on the market for getting rid of athletes foot. Antifungal spray can also do well in treating fungi but UV Sanitizers can completely destroy the fungi and prevent it from reoccurring in the future and that is what you want to achieve. Sunlight is known to help reduce the ability of fungus to grow. But this shoe sanitizer uses the power of man-made UV rays to kill whatever fungus may be in your shoes. From severe athletes foot to toenail fungus, these shoe sanitizers will put a stop to it once and for all.
The bulb of the UV Sanitizer last up to 8000 hours and are very easy to replace. These bulbs are slightly expensive than traditional antifungal spray or powder, but its well worth the price because of how effective the Shoe UV Sanitizers are. If you have contracted athletes foot, we highly recommend getting this Shoe UV Sanitizers Sterilizer on Amazon today.
Direction on How to Properly Use The Shoe UV Sanitizer
- You should use it every day after wearing your shoe
- They are designed for both left and right shoe. After the device is in the shoes, place the shoe in the bag and close it properly
- It has a plug-in power supply. Push the on button and let the magic happen. The product works on an automatic timer of fifteen minutes, so they will automatically turn off on their own. When its finish the shoes can be taken out of the bag and will be fungi free and free of all bacteria as well.
- Lightweight and compact design
- One size fits all for all age group
- Has been tested in US labs, confirming that the sanitizer kills 99.99% of fungus or mold spores in shoes
- Developed and clinically tested by physicians
- Have to buy replacement bulb once the 8000 hours is finish
Athletes Foot Symptoms
- Itchy skin
- Scaly skin
- Dry skin
- Cracked skin
- Foul odor
Best Way to Prevent Athletes Foot
- Always wear clean socks
- Wear breathable shoes
- Don’t share shoes or socks
- Avoid direct contact with infected people
- Only go barefoot when its safe to do so
I hope this guide is enough to suit your needs. However, the best thing you can do today to completely kill fungus in your shoes is to utilize the antifungal treatment list above. There are also quite a number of home remedies you can start utilizing today, but we highly recommend that you use an antifungal treatment so that you minimise the risk of being reinfected in the future.