Bed sores, also known as pressure sores or pressure ulcers are one of the most common ailments resulting from mobility issues. Anyone that has bed sores knows that it can be very uncomfortable and painful, the pain is bearable but if the pressure ulcers aren’t treated, it has the capability to spread throughout the entire body. This is something i don’t wish on anyone.
However, if you have contracted bed sores, you don’t have to worry! We have listed the best bed sore cream over the counter on the market today. With these powerful treatments, you can start treating your bed sore today and start healing immediately.
Best Bed Sore Cream Over The Counter Reviews
Terrasil Wound Care Ointment – Editor’s Choice
Terrasil Wound Care Ointment is the best over the counter treatment on the market for treating bed sores today. The cream is very effective and is backed by 10 years of clinical research, with its natural ingredients it’s able to destroy bacteria and heal affected area quickly. The ingredients are FDA approve, each set of ingredients are used to target relief for a specific type of infection such as bed sores.
The effectiveness of the cream makes it 3x faster than other leading brands on the market. Most user report to have massive improvement within a week of using treatment, while some report to have seen improvement within two days of treating the infection.
While treating your bed sores infection you won’t have to worry about any side effects because all the ingredients used are 100% natural. We highly recommend utilizing Terrasil Wound Care Ointment if you want to stop your bed sore from spreading and accelerate the healing process.
- All natural ingredients
- Fast acting formula
- FDA approved
- Effective in killing bacteria
- Can be a bit messy when applying
Check Terrasil Wound Care Ointment Current Price Today
Emuaid For Bedsores – Runner-Up
Emuaid For Bedsores is also one of the top choices on the market for many users. This treatment has been used for many years by a doctor for treating bedsores because of its powerful natural ingredients. Emuaid helps to reduce inflammation and relieve itching, pain and discomfort and works extremely great for quickly healing bedsores.
Emuaid focuses very well on fighting the infectious bacteria and also helps to increased blood flow to the affected area. We strongly recommend Emuaid for treating your bedsore infection, additionally, it is backed by a 30-day money back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with the product after using.
- Attack the root of the infection
- No side effects
- Improve infection within two days
- Not the cheapest option
- Can be messy
Check Emuaid For Bedsores Current Price Today
Bedsore Numbing Cream – Very Affordable
Bedsore Numbing Cream is one of the most affordable over the counter treatment on the market for treating bedsore. The treatment utilizes the power of lidocaine HCL, arrowroot powder, carbomer, yarrow, nutmeg, which quickly helps with bedsore, inflammation and pain.
We highly recommend using this affordable bedsore numbing cream to get rid of your bedsore infection once and for all. To get the best result from utilizing this cream we suggest applying a thick even layer of the treatment on the affected area every three to five minutes until you have reached your optimum level of numbness.
- Healthy natural ingredients
- Very affordable
- Formulated to specifically treat bedsore
- Can be messy to apply treatment
- Not as effective as other treatment
Check Bedsore Numbing Cream Current Price Today
How to Properly Apply Bed Sore Cream
- Before applying any treatment to your skin, it is important to take a shower and wash away all harmful bacteria. Be sure to wash your hand thoroughly before cleaning the bedsores. However, we always recommend using gloves when clean bedsores.
- Now you can use your finger and apply a thin layer of whichever cream you have chosen above to the affected area or you can use a cotton ball and then apply it. Be sure to be gentle when applying the ointment to reduce the chance of damaging the skin or inflict pain. Once the cream has been applied, you may cover up the bedsores with a clean bandage to aid the healing process.
- We strongly recommend that you repeat the process twice per day. If bedsores are extremely severe you may apply the ointment three times per day for faster results. We also recommend using the treatment after the bedsores are healed to prevent reinfection from occurring.
How to Treat Bed Sore at Home
You can start by utilizing one of the creams listed above. However, there are quite a number of steps you can follow in order to treat bed sore in the comfort of your home. You can start by changing your position everything twenty minutes if you are in a wheelchair and every three hours if you are in bed. Bedsore normally forms due to the pressure of your body, so if your someone who lay for a long period of time with weak skin then your at risk. That’s why we recommend changing sleeping or sitting position frequently.
Additionally, keeping your skin moisturized and clean will prevent new bedsore from forming in the future. You should also practice engaging in exercise activities, exercise keeps the body active and resilient which lessen the chance for your skin to break. If your a smoker you should quit smoking, Only eat healthily – this will help aid in the healing and treatment of your bedsores. Check your body regularly for bedsores because it’s much easier to treat at its early stage.
How to Prevent Bedsore From Happening Again
There are a variety of things you can do to prevent bedsore from happening, these include:
Change Position Frequently – Bed sore form due to the pressure of your body, we recommend changing your position as often as possible, this will reduce the pressure on your skin. One of the most effective ways to make sure bed sores doesn’t form is to change your sitting or sleeping position. For example, if you are lying on your back for a long period you should try to lay on your side.
Keep Skin Clean and Dry – Its very important to make sure your skin is always clean and dry, this will reduce the risk of contracting bedsores. Use a clean rag with a bucket of warm water and soap and clean your skin at least once per day. Then, pat your skin dry with a towel.
Exercise – We highly recommend doing some moderate exercise to keep your body active, this will help to reduce the risk of bed sores. Exercise also helps to increase blood flow and speeds healing. You can start by doing some arm and foot lift and hold it there for at least 15 seconds.
Use a Pillow or Cushion – Using this method is another effective way to prevent bedsores from happening, You can put the pillow or cushion between parts of your body that press against each other. We recommend placing it under your shoulders, buttocks, heels and elbows.
Four Stages of Pressure Sores
- The skin around the sore will look red and feel tender to touch. It may be itchy at times. This is a sign that a pressure ulcer is forming.
- You may notice a blister or painful open skin. The area around the sore may be discolored and irritated.
- The skin now develops a crater-like appearance which is a sunken hole. It is caused due to tissue damage below the skin surface.
- The pressure ulcer has now become so deep that there is a damage to the muscle and bones.
When to Contact a Doctor?
If you are using treatment and doesn’t experience any signs of improvement within a week, then you should contact your doctor immediately. You should contact your doctor if you are experiencing sign such as:
- Pus coming from sore
- Foul smell coming from sore
- Redness and tenderness around the sore
- The skin around the sore is swollen
Questions Your Doctor May Ask
If you should visit your doctor, your doctor may ask questions such as:
- When did you first notice your bedsore?
- Have you ever experience bedsore in the past?
- What is the degree of pain?
- What is your routine for changing position?
Where Can i Purchase Bedsore Cream?
Many of our readers always wonder where is the best place to purchase bedsore cream. We always recommend making your purchase on Amazon.com, we believe this is the best place to buy your treatment online.
Having bedsore can be extremely uncomfortable in people lives. Luckily there are many over the counter treatment on the market today that can be used to treat bed sores all over the body within a matter of days. If you have bedsores, then we highly recommend treating it today with one of the most powerful over the counter treatment listed above. We wish you the best of luck in treating your bedsore.
If you have any questions you can leave a comment down below, we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.